Nidhi Jain February 23, 2023
India is a country that always has been recognized for its colourful culture and history. The country has a beautiful history related to its glorifying culture. The traditional jewellery of India represents the culture of different states and areas. The reason behind its variety of traditional jewellery is its diversity. India is a country with many cultures and traditions, the concept of the different cultures is that the country has embraced all the cultures from all the religions. Women are preferencing artificial jewellery over real jewellery is that they have many criteria that are forcing them to switch from real to limitations. The availability of Indian artificial jewellery online has increased these days. artificial jewellery is easily available online these days so the demand is also increasing with time., another reason for the rising demand for imitation jewellery is the price hike of gold and silver. Some women also choose artificial jewellery because of their lightweight and trendy and fashionable design and look. Contemporary jewellery is easily available, light in weight, low cost to maintain, and affordable.
What is contemporary jewellery?
Contemporary jewellery is often referred to as a design that is based on the idea of the modern era or recent trends. Women are choosing contemporary jewellery over traditional jewellery because they look trendier and always match their vibes. Even they are a first preference for jewellery for women who are using jewellery in their regular life. The working culture of women has increased these days so the demand for contemporary jewellery is also increased. Contemporary jewellery is light in weight compared to traditional jewellery, so they are easy to style on day to day basis. The jewellery designers are also trying to merge traditional jewellery and contemporary jewellery by providing them with a traditional touch. Like there are many ideas available in meenakari jewellery that are light in weight and have trendy look. Some designers are also adding a hint of trend in traditional; jewellery by providing them with new designs and styles. Traditional Nose Ring designs are in these days because of their look and Indian hitch. But still, some designers are experimenting with the fusion of tradition and contemporary look.
Difference between contemporary and traditional jewellery
There are many major differences between contemporary jewellery and traditional jewellery.
Contemporary jewellery is based on the latest design, the idea of contemporary jewellery has arrived from the fact that the number of employed women has raised with time, and they prefer wearing those kinds of jewellery that are easy to style and carry in daily life. While traditional jewellery is heavier than minimal jewellery and is based on cultural and ancient look and design.
The occasion to style this jewellery is completely different from each other. Women prefer contemporary jewellery to style in their daily life or business parties and while traditional jewellery ideas are perfect to style in traditional functions and gatherings and during festivals.
Jewellery is one of the biggest sources of cultural representation. Contemporary jewellery design ideas are inspired by western jewellery and fashion trends while traditional jewellery ideas are more inspired by the culture and heritage of the country. That is the reason why Indian women prefer traditional jewellery to traditional outfits.
The material used for making
Traditional Jewellery used to be made with expensive real metals like gold and Silver for Jewellery. But due to the expensive rate of the alloy users are switching to artificial jewellery. The metals that are used for making artificial traditional jewellery are aluminium, copper, plastic and iron alloy. While contemporary jewellery is also a form of artificial jewellery but they only use expensive alloys like white gold, Cz jewellery, pearl jewellery sets, or 925 sterling silver jewellery.
The study shows that women are preferring contemporary jewellery over traditional jewellery. Contemporary jewellery is more easily available these days, some reasons for using contemporary jewellery are its weight and trendy designs. Ciero Jewels have a wide variety of contemporary jewellery and Silver Jewellery in trendy designs. you can also customise your choice of design for your jewellery making. Or we can also provide you with a replica of the jewellery you like.
What are the different kinds of vintage jewellery in India?
India is like a hub for different types of jewellery. It has different varieties that represent the culture of the area. The different types of vintage jewellery in India are
- Temple jewellery - Jewellery made with the inspiration of pilgrims, idols of gods and goddesses and currency. South Indian jewellery design is the perfect example of this
- Handmade jewellery – Some example of handmade jewellery is terracotta jewellery, lakh jewellery, and Jadau jewellery. This kind of jewellery is made by the hands of the jewellery designer and not machine cuts.
- Antique jewellery – Antique jewellery is the traditional and vintage jewellery designs that are being followed since ancient times. An example of vintage jewellery is a traditional ring design
Define the 5 C’s in diamond jewellery making?
The 5 C’s of jewellery making are
- Cut - The cutting of the stone for making a piece of jewellery is the first C of the making of the jewellery. Sharp cutting using the proper machine for helping the stone to look more attractive.
- Colour – The colour of the stone for making attractive cz jewellery and Kundan jewellery is also important the right choice of colour increases the effectiveness of the jewellery.
- Clarity – The clarity of the stone is very important the more transparency the more shine it will add to your look.
- Certificate - Taking the certificate of authenticity is important.
- Carat – The size and the weight of the diamond should be justified with the certificate.